Sunday, September 27, 2009

Livin' On Coffee & Can of Soup & Someone Elses Money

*

Anyway that's what Jim of Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary comes right out and claims...

Lets take a look at a rescue that houses just under 30 horses on a bit less than 3 acres, doesn't let a day go by without suggesting people need to send him money, claims no one can care for horses the way he can, claims to live off of coffee and sometimes a half can of soup to survive and always has some kind of tragedy going on....Oh, and the horses ONLY check in....they never check out.

Yep, just like prisoners on death row. Once the horses come to Tierra Madre they are there for life. Jim claims no one can give them the kind of care he can. Which would be all fine and dandy if he could afford those horses that are now "his"...but he can't. Hell he can't even afford to eat by his own admission.

He is very good at creative writing....all those years as a writer have really paid off. He can make an old lady wet herself like no other...sell an Eskimo ice and most important, use is creative writing style to gain the all important dough it takes to finance his personal herd of horses.

At just under 3 acres Jim claims he can house up to 30 horses and normally runs just below that. It's amusing to read Jim blog about building new pens for the horses and how the latest one was HUGE! Yes, HUGE!!!! Measuring almost 30' x 30'! OMG!

Jim posts several times a day on ABR....you never know what kinds of goodies will roll off his fingers. Just over a month ago Jim makes a post telling everyone he's sick and BROKE. This is pretty typical, it seems he gets into a bind quite often and makes these kind of posts. It works for him....the lonely housewives of ABR wet themselves to see how quick they can send him some more money.

But this day was different. Shortly after claiming to be broke Jim gets a phone call.....someone has asked him to take another horse and they want $700 for it....so a new thread is born! Help bring "Coloreado" to Tierra Madre! WOW, a lot can change in 8 hours I guess! Maybe he won the lotto? Oh, no...never mind, he's asking the lonely housewives to foot the whole bill and shipping too of course....imagine that :)

You would think that a group of people who profess to be advocates for horse welfare would not shit a pile of money to go send a horse off to go live with someone who is always broke...but were not talking normal people here...we're talking FOB's.

So Jim's "I'm broke" tears are quickly dried with a new horse.

Just a handful of days ago a thread called "Famous TB Smokey Stover needs a HOME" pops up....yep, only 14 replies into the post there is Jim...."We'll be more than glad to give Smokey a forever home - but can only do it if the $600 & shipping costs can be raised."

What made this so priceless? A few friends and I had been chatting when the thread started up and wondered how long before Jim would bebop over to try to capitalize on this "famous" horse. See, he likes to get hold of the ones that have some sort of notoriety....it makes it easier for those poor me, send me cash posts.

Seems a few are onto Jim and the good old "they only check in, they never check out" ways and aren't overly thrilled with 30 horses being crammed on less than 3 acres. They thought this guy deserved a real pasture and someplace he could actually run and not have to stop every few feet to turn around so he didn't smack into his prison cell.

Of course this didn't make Jim happy...not happy at all. He whined and cried around on that thread and also on his daily check in thread....he wanted his little group of lonely housewives to go over to Smokey's thread and tell everyone he needed to go to Jim's place....whaaaaaa, whaaaaaa, whaaaa.....Still didn't work out for the ol' boy...he claimed he was out politicked by people he didn't know....yeah, couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that some people didn't think the horse deserved to go to prison. So Jim makes one of his famous "no one could care for him the way I could have" posts....gag me...

Oh. and the lonely housewives tried to dry his tears with yet another horse...but Jim didn't seem to interested...not "famous" enough I suppose...... :)

One last piece of information....per Jim, if you don't like Obama then you are a racist, LMAO! He loves to spurt his political views...alienating one conservative at a time :)

I'd lay money on the fact that there will not be a good outcome for theses horses down the road.....
*

17 comments:

The Barn Bitch said...

I've been over to ABR quite a bit lately after ICERs was booted.....I am AMAZED at what goes on around there.

But 30 horses on 3 acres??!! OMG! I have TWO horses on 3.45 acres and I feel like a bad mom! Hell, at least they can get more then a few feet of running distance in before then met fence!

Crazy business. I used to get upset about this stuff, but hell, what can you do? It's not MY horses stuck in that mess and it never will be.

Anonymous said...

I've been watching this rescue for some time now and I have to agree 110% with your assessment. If it wasn't for his writing skills no one would ever send this guy a horse or a dime of money.

Anonymous said...

I meant to add that I also feel sorry for these horses that are nothing but prisoners.

Anonymous said...

Prison, or Prism......much the same.

Whether it's Jim's 30 on 3....or Mustang Hearts 50 on 5....

They market 'hope'.

"I fed so long upon hope till I had almost starved".

Rob

Anonymous said...

I just got done reading his blog. He's got one colicing since yesterday and woke up and found one dead. Can anyone say sand colic? How about getting those guys some hay mangers so they don't have to eat off the desert floor day in and day out.

The Barn Bitch said...

I checked into Jim's threads on ABR during my break (I NEED ICERs BACK!!) and it appears not only is Jim dealing with his two horses, Lin from Epona has lost Wilber, her little 3 month old mule. No word on why or how. Necropsy pending.

The Barn Bitch said...

And Jim is putting on a brave face by saying maybe he should go back to being a drunken salesman and poor him and poor them and OMG how can he do this anymore. **eyeroll**

I'm not trying to be cold hearted here, but I speak from personal experience having lost 3 of my own horses in a year. One from old age. One from a birth defect and one from a twist. Very hard year for me, but here I am. If he can't stand the heat of horses dying...and it happens, Lord knows you're suppose to outlive THEM....he needs to get out of rescue. My God, by his own admission he has 28 left!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dani
When you were over in my neck of the woods a couple months ago, I could have directed you to the neighbor a couple miles away who has about 30+ horses--no shelter, some look like they are about 500 lbs underweight. Seems the so called county humane officer was called by someone this summer but nothing was done. About 20 of those poor things get a couple flakes of hay a day but the ones in the skanky field get nothing. Can't fix stupid I guess.

Anonymous said...

LMAO .. i just stumbled across your blog and i have tears streaming down my face.my kid is looking at me like i have lost my mind i am laughing so hard..as a horse owner i have taken in horses that were well underweight, fed them and found them new homes..until recently i have never looked into commercial rescues. have recently had some problems with 1 named sos in kennewick washington and boy did i uncover a whole lot of shit..and gee she begs for money with her minions on ABR..lol..ahh and the truck is always over the horizon heding to benton city..lol..the only thing is the dept of agriculture says dave herriman is not a kill buyer he is a horse trader that has made a deal with some rescue woman..LMAO..so gee now how can abr keep promoting idiots like that..oh yes i have had to re-register on abr 4 times to post and damn if i am not running out of email addresses..lol..love your blog..keep it running..

Kevin said...

Did you see he lost another horse? That's 3 or 4 back to back. Now he's crying on ABR and it worked like a charm, the women are wetting themselves like you said to send him money again after playing the pitiful me card. This guy is so transparent. Next he'll probably say not to worry about giving him anything.

The Barn Bitch said...

This is the SECOND colic in as many days...the other horse pulled thru. I wonder if someone is going to eventually ask him about his feeding practices? Someone mentioned feeding off the sandy ground? Might someone mention LIKE THE FREAKING VET that that's not the best idea??

There should be a limit on the number of horses rescues can have...based on financial records of income. I can only imagine his vet bill at this point and ...let's see...we're down to 27 horses now....OY.

knriley said...

BUC,

My name is Kelsey, I'm a journalism student writing a story on horse slaughter. I'm examining both the anti- and pro sides, without a bias toward either, but I'm looking to speak with people with a strong interest in the topic, which you seem to have. I was wondering if you'd be willing to speak with me personally. You can reach me at knriley@msn.com.

Thanks.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Holy Sh*T! I haven't been here in a while (lost your link,) 30 3 acres? WTF is must be shit soup he is eating ! ands if he can aford coffee he ain't that broke!

Anonymous said...

It appears that there is now another breakaway group of disgrundled FOB

http://forums.delphiforums.com/SSSER/messages/?msg=8.1

Anonymous said...

OMG....ROFLMAO......Have you read on his thread on ABR that the women are now sending him their thongs???? I thought I would DIE, but I had to read how it ended first!

You nailed this one, honey! I am eternally grateful!

Anonymous said...

Whew! What's that smell comin' from TM?

Smells like...ew...Mustang Hearts!

Anonymous said...

I don't do facebook, but somebody emailed me this comment. Seems like Jim has put his hoof in his mouth yet one more time. Alienating all the folks who give, give, give to him!

Jim Gath "If I get one more "vote for the wild horses" message & not a single "help support the horses that have already been saved" message, I'm gonna puke."

Seems like the ABR whackos are always campaigning for the wild horses. (I'm OK with that.) I hope Jim is prepared for the consequences. Oh, wait, I forgot, the FOB's will turn this around into something positive! What was I thinking?