Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nut Bags & Whackjobs

*

First, a little continuance from the previous blog and a rescue called Lifelines....If you haven't read the comments section for the previous blog, you really should. There's some damn good investigation going on there!

Wouldn't you think that the FOB's would want to insure this not happening again? To be scammed out of thousands of dollars? Nope, cover up is all their concerned about. There afraid they'll come off looking like nut jobs (here's a hint: TO FUCKING LATE :)...

30628.998
The only thing I'd like to say is that someone suggested bringing the media in to publicize the story and all the people involved with LL.
I don't think that's a good idea, but some of you may feel otherwise. As bona fide rescues, we don't need any more public skepticism about our credibility. If the story got out on LL, I think it would damage the reputation of every rescue. (Every rescue? I hardly think so.....just the ones on ABR who spend more time begging for funds than taking care of there little ponies)


30628.1001
I agree with you that until this plays out, it would not be a good idea to alert the press. Until you have more answers, an article at this time may put the tried and true rescues in jeopardy with potential adopters. (and who are these tried and true rescues? Wasn't LL one of those?)

I would think if the Board Nazi was any kind of man he would have done put down his pencil writing about the memoirs of brushing Barbaro and wrote some kind of press release to protect his beloved board and FOB's before some nut like me comes along and exposes the truth of the matter :)

Oh, and as for the head honcho scam cover up moderator mistress on ABR:

24250.5 in reply to 24250.1
SHAME on you for giving her the time aday on here.. You of all people "should" know better........... tsk tsk tsk... good job


Maybe you should have given me the time of day instead of banning me and deleting my posts when I popped in with info on Lifelines.....


_________________________________

Onto more fun stuff :)

I ran across this post on ABR this morning, love it, love it, love it......


30815.1
Do any other posters here wonder if outsiders that read this forum get the wrong impression? I know that often, when trying to educate the media, and our public officials, they are given links to this BB, for info on slaughter/rescue. If for some reason, they then "browse" around this forum, they'll find people trying to pretend they are Barbaro/Nicanor posting on a BB, or they see posts from people who are writing that they are sobbing hysterically about Barbaro this long after his death, or people being asked to light candles for a dead horse because the number of candles is low.


Do you ever worry that those things make us look like whackjobs, and therefore reduces the credibilty of our anti-slaughter position? I mean, the pro slaughter side can tell people, "Well, just go LOOK at some of the posts on that forum. Those people are nutjobs!" And if they read some of these threads, they'll agree with the pro slaughter side. The good that has been done by members of this forum becomes invisible, when pro-slaughter side people use the other posts to prove that the anti slaughter side is a bunch of emotionally unstable, middle aged housewives playing the adult version of "My Pretty (dead) Pony".

Personally, Im afraid to link to this BB (even the WIKI section) for fear that the reader might actually browse around...

I have to give this gal some credit. She's taking major heat for her post and she didn't go back and modify or delete it. Of all the FOB's out there, this woman truly "Gets it". She's been a member there for quite some time but is being treated the same as "I see you just joined today" posters....If I was this gal I would take what marbles I have left in my brain from even attempting to be a part of this and run like Forrest Gump! It's clear she is to "normal" for that place :)

*

6 comments:

The Barn Bitch said...

I've been following this whole thing...I found out about it at ICER's and kept reading from there. It amazes me! REALLY amazes me! It's like rubber-necking at a terrible car accident.

When I can actually get into ABR, I see more and more "rescues" holding out their tin cups and these idiots continue to fill them up. They learned NOTHING from the Lifelines saga. Absolutely NOTHING.

I know there's dumb people...I know there's dumb people with money...but I never in my wildest dreams could imagine it goes on and on at this level.

Anonymous said...

The pretty little pony clubbers over on the Board Nazi suffer from what is known as "fixed delusions." That's why they have learned absolutely zilch from this latest scamming experience, and sadly never will learn anything, no matter how egregious or obvious the scam(s) may be. For sure, it's painful as well as scary to watch. The Board Nazi has NO credibility. Notice, I didn't say "no credibility left," and that's because the Board Nazi has never had any credibility. It has always been smoke and mirrors, nothing more, and it remains so.

Buc, all along, you have maintained a clear eye in your reporting of all things Board Nazi, and you have faithfully and accurately reported what you know to be true. I, for only one, am grateful that you have been willing to "tell it like it is," even in the face of much maligning. Thank you for your dedication to the truth.

coeurdefer said...

A couple of things I learned about ABR:

(1) There is some good that goes on there;
(2) There's a lot of scamming and lying that goes on there;
(3) Legitimacy, responsibility and accountability do not seem to be a requirement to "beg";
(4) There are some good TB news sources there, but realize I can go to those sources without giving ABR a hit score;
(5) I learned very quickly there, not to question;
(6) Many people at ABR that post have skins(feelings) as thin as paper, (and the brains to match);
(7) If you get nauseous at the repetitive "rainbows and butterfly" theme, you don't belong on ABR;
(8) Many hardworking and conscientious people helping horses before ABR came along (and I suspect, after it's demise) have been banned by ABR....not good to eat your own; and,finally
(9) I have met some fantastic, wonderful people that I am proud to call my friends...I just don't go to ABR to chat with them any longer.

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder this "Tee" was drawn into the FOB. With all their stupid fantasy stuff, horses talking to each other, she probably felt as if she found her soul mates.

Have you seen the thread "Happy BUMPS For Barbaro"? The person making all those stupid pictures needs some counseling quick!

Anonymous said...

There are rescues even 501 (3)'s that that board is their only source of funds. If the board goes away they will crash and burn. You can tell who they are, they have a gazillion threads going at the same time asking for funds for every single thing horse related. Also some of them rely on that board to supply their rescues with horses to adopt out! No Lie! They expect that board to buy them horses from brokers to re-sell, errrrr adopt out for much higher prices but they never seem to be able to use their own sale/adoption fees to buy their own horses. It is insane yet they claim anyone who questions this has an agenda and will gang up fight tooth and toenail to shut them up or discredit them for merely asking questions (they are addicted to the cash flow). Of course these broker will only sell them to Mexico (even if they live a few miles from the Canadian Border) which causes even a bigger frenzy of funds to come in. They also pad their vet bills, hay and feed costs, and gas and hauling costs.

Anonymous said...

Try and get the info of the broker some rescues sell for and see where that gets you. Most of them have an agreement that that broker will work only through them and protect their identity with their lives, you either go through them and pay their fees or the horse ships. Also a lot of these rescues can only find adopters that can not afford to buy, QT, or ship their horses across the country so the FOB's are expected to do that also.