Friday, January 18, 2008

Random Thoughts

I wonder if the Jacksons would have this much trouble if they lost a HUMAN. I bet if it was a relative they would have been shoved in the first hole that was dug. Yes, play it for all you can get out of it. 100 posts from people who think they know where Barbaro should be buried and the posts begging for hay that are all over the place barely have a reply.

I thought this article was interesting. Pretty much dispels the theory that people from other countries don't have a clue what's going on. But people like me already knew that ;) I have also been reading where the radical zealots have been writing the author to tell them how wrong they are....idiots....

Martha Stewart....well I can't stand the lady to begin with but this just adds to it. She had Equine Advocates on her show (youtube video of the show), I didn't have much of a problem with that, they were pretty good about representing the facts, only a couple of slants thrown in. What does upset me, and she should be publicly flogged for it, is putting her audience on the spot. Equine Advocates had a petition to sign and Martha told everyone in her audience to sign it. Sorry, but there was not nearly enough information thrown out there for the audience to make an educated decision. Of course the FOB's couldn't believe there were no gasps or sighs from the audience when horse slaughter was mentioned!

I also loved how Martha showed off her barn manager. I bet she does a lot of hands on with those horses...NOT! Of course Martha has a blog but you won't see any pro slaughter comments being posted on it..sure you can waste your time trying to let her know that what she did by coercing her audience was unmoral at the least, but the blog police will only allow complete zealot responses ;)

Well I've been gone for a few days due to feeling crappy and being busy.....so I'm sure I'll have more random thought shortly when I can catch my breath!

10 comments:

witchy said...

Just thought I would share the following link. It sure has many pro laughter canaidans up in arms http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=21890079-00da-4c1a-869a-65aaab77e944&k=98084.

HCIT said...

Well, all the broohaha about Barbaro and his his burial and statute make about as much sense as the thought of buying Dallas Crown to make it into a memorial.

Screw the horses that are starving to death let's throw money away on silly crap.

MaryAinMI said...

witchy: Pro Laughter?? Hahaha!!

Hcit: Statute?? Yeah, there oughta be a law ... about proofreading!

HCIT said...

Statue, statute, most anti-slaughter people wouldn't be smart enough to know the difference. They think abandoned puppies and kittens are lucky because they might wander to a new home. That is if they are lucky enough not to get squashed (squished) by a car tire. Geesh!

Charlie, God forbid anyone makes a typo. Have you EVER proofread copy for a catalog? 10 different people can read it 3 or 4 times each and there can still be typos.

Here, all fixed.

Well, all the broohaha about Barbaro and his burial and statue make about as much sense as the thought of buying Dallas Crown to make it into a memorial.

Screw the horses that are starving to death let's throw money away on silly crap.

HCIT said...

I say let's send all the anti-slaughter animal rights activists to Mexico where they slaughter 600,000 horses a year.

Hey, anti-slaughter leaders, why aren't you down in Mexico instead of Canada? Oh, let's see - ask me, ask me! Because there is no money to be garnered from the general population there? Tell me it's ALL about saving the horses. BS!

WriteOn said...

Hey Charlie, here's a life for ya...throws a life at him...lol
You know, there really is a SERIOUS crisis going on with all the closings of abbattoirs in the U.S... Have you noticed???
Now Bo Derek and her cronies are making their unwanted way to campaign for the same legislation in Canada.
Did you even read the article Charlie or do you just cruise these blogs to be the typo police?
Ok, having said that...Please at least read the article....You might learn something....
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=21890079-00da-4c1a-869a-65aaab77e944&k=98084.

MaryAinMI said...

Down, boy, down!

I'm on your side (I think?)

The closing of the slaughter plants/abattoirs (one "b" I think - but I'm not going to hold you to that since I'm not French ...) is, to me, based on research, a good and proper thing. I ache for the animals being sent over the borders to be killed I contribute as much $ as I can to rescues, re-training centers, and U.S. educational lobbying efforts to get legislation banning transport to slaughter passed. I purchased a retired race horse, headed to slaughter, myself, and he is in training.

"Typo police." Actually, I kind of like that! One thing I have learned is that the world, in general, is much more likely to listen to what a person has to say or write if that person uses good grammar and good spelling. It's just part of persuasive politics. You can decide to take it or leave it - but it matters.

Bonjour!

WriteOn said...

Bonjour Charlie!
Well, we've established one thing; we are both on the same side! :o)
I am soooo wanting to correct your grammer but I will leave that for now. Grammer police? lol
I operate a small horse rescue in Canada and have had to turn horses away, which breaks my heart, but one has to be logical and not let emotion rule over common sense.
It sounds like you are doing everything you can to assist with the current crisis, so kudos to you!
I deal with all breeds but specialize in standardbred racehorses culled from the industry and help train/place them in other venues. Do you have a TB or a SB?
I agree with you that the transport of horses is in need of reform, in particular those horses trying to tolerate the long trailer haul from the U.S. to Canada and an even more horrific trip, to Mexico, to a barbaric ending.
Cheers!

MaryAinMI said...

And kudos/Cheers! to you for all of the GOOD work you are doing for the horses.

I have a thoroughbred - he is almost 17 hands (Yikes!) and a SWEET horse. He loves his new non-racing world and is a very willing learner. I am so lucky to have him!

ALWAYS feel free to correct my grammar and spelling. I, too, am a willing learner :o)

Stay warm and well!

BUC said...

LOL, I thought Charlie was a pain in the ass at first too, but they have really grown on me.